What is your favorite Christmas activity to do with your kids/ family? We love to decorate the tree, watch Christmas movies, bake & we usually do some painting. Both my kids love Christmas but what kid doesn’t, right? Lol, my youngest loves Christmas he is super excited. The whole PS5 console situation is a hot mess! I don’t know if I will be able to get my hands on one, but anyways if you don’t have boys your probably thinking I’m lucky I don’t have to deal with that. Good grief , I guess we will see what happens.
The other night while my oldest was with his dad my youngest & I baked some amazing homemade Christmas cookies and made some hot chocolate. We had such a fun time and it was so nice to bond, laugh , and enjoy each others company. He did such a good job he rolled the dough and helped with pretty much everything😊 I was so proud of him.
I found the cookie recipe on a blog, link here: https://www.themerchantbaker.com/peanut-butter-cut-out-cookies/ I didn’t want to make regular sugar cookies, so I found these peanut butter cut out cookies. I just made them Christmas cut outs instead of Jack-o-lantern.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened ) ( 2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups of firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 1/2 cups of flour ( I would really make sure you put in the flour little by little , I almost messed up by putting it all in instead of little by little so be careful!)
- In a large bowl combine butter, peanut butter whisk until fluffy
- Add in sugar , eggs, & vanilla ( while mixing)
- In a separate bowl , mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture slowly ( be careful here) to peanut butter mix and stir
- Place plastic wrap on dough and chill for 2 hours ( I did an hour and it was ok)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll dough on floured surface & cut using any cookie cutters of your choice
- Place cookies on greased cookie sheet
- Bake about 8-10 minutes ( lightly browned)
I forgot to take a picture of the cookie cutters, but they are from Target, & are still available and only $10! Link: https://www.target.com/p/wilton-12pc-holiday-metal-cookie-cutter-set/-/A-79812864?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000014846255&CPNG=PLA_Kitchen%2BShopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Kitchen&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9031563&targetid=pla-308308258999&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1247068&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxe7R3N2z7QIVqw2tBh33PgVhEAQYCiABEgIq5_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
We also bought the icing at Target and some sprinkles. I did find some sprinkles at the 99 cent store as well. I didn’t get to take pictures of my son’s cookies as he wanted to eat them right away, lol. They were very delicious, even without the icing I really enjoyed them.
I found some Ghirardelli hot chocolate packets at Target in the holiday section and I thought about it, because to be honest for .99 cents each I thought it was a little pricey. You can get the Swiss hot chocolate package with 6 packets for less than $3. I just wanted to see if it was better than the Swiss that I always buy, so I bought some along with these super cute marshmallow cocoa toppers that were also in the holiday section. So the verdict is.. I loved the Ghirardelli it has an amazing taste there is a difference for sure. I would say buy them and try them out, I also use milk instead of water as it is more creamier. I bought some peppermint whipped cream too just to try it out, to be honest they were out of the regular. Lol, I said to my son I guess we are getting this one since we aren’t leaving without whipped cream!
Overall we had such a fun time together, I love making memories with my boys. Hopefully your month is going good so far😉🎄. Comment below what activities your doing this year and let me know if you will try these cookies out or even the hot chocolate!