Who actually enjoys cleaning out their closet & organizing !? Honestly I don’t like to do it, but I feel much better once I do ! 🙂 I wanted to share a few things that have helped me recently & also have helped my previous hoarding issues, lol.
- Make 3 piles keeping, throwing away & donating , if your going to sell on posh mark make another pile for posh mark items.
- For what your going to keep…I want to add I would go with the 6 month rule & if you haven’t worn it since then mostly likely you wont wear it again. Sometimes I hold onto items longer that I should, so that is why I say that. I would also color coordinate; this has honestly helped me so much because if I know what color I am going to wear that day then I just go to that section in my closet. I do not hang everything! I mean I would need a HUGE closet for that lol. I only hang tops, sweaters, jackets, & dresses. Everything else is folded nice & neat ( Marie Kondo style). If you have space I would also put away things for other seasons that you wont be using right now in storage bins. Here are some links to some good storage options found at Target ; https://shopstyle.it/l/bscxQ; https://shopstyle.it/l/bsczx; https://shopstyle.it/l/bsczx
- Throw away items should be items that are faded, torn , have stains or rips; obviously items that you wouldn’t want to donate or sell.
- Posh mark items to sell that are very popular are usually brand name items, but if they have tags still or are in excellent condition I would still try and sell it at least. You never know! Take good pictures of the items in good lighting; I take pictures of the front, back , side , any details , & the tag. I know not all of us are patient with selling online, lol. I’ve kept items for at least a month on there, but I don’t have a lot of storage space so that is why I like things to move along and if it doesn’t sell I just move on and donate. Posh mark does take a fee but overall I have made a good amount of money in the last couple of years so I do recommend it. The shipping is included so all you have to do is print your label, order your shipping boxes on the USPS website ( its for free! ) https://www.usps.com/ they deliver your packaging items. You just package your items tape the label and drop it off ! Its very easy 👍🏽
- Going forward what has helped me not over spend is seeing what I have and knowing what I really need versus me just wanting to buy something because its cute or what not.. us women tend to do that so much, excuse’s excuse’s, lol! 😆 I don’t buy too many trendy pieces because I believe I may not use them again so I try to buy items that are versatile. I know I will wear them over & over and I will be able to create different looks and wear them with different pieces in my closet. I also try to buy different colors that go well with my skin tone, so that I can have a range of colors to choose from so I am not wearing the same color all the time. Also you can say to yourself for example I have 10 dresses do I need another one? Depending on how many times you wear dresses in a month lets say.. do I need another? Let me see if I can sell or donate a few that I have so I can buy another. All I say is to be smart with your shopping. I think all of us can be impulsive when buying, so just want to share what has helped me.
Another quick tip👉🏼 if you don’t love something when you try it on don’t buy it. Right now a lot of stores are not doing try-on’s, but double check their return policy take it home try it on & if you don’t love it all the way take it back.
Thanks for visiting my blog & reading ! I appreciate it so much 🤗 Go ahead & comment below any tips you may have.
I have also shared my Posh Mark closet below for anyone who is interested, I will be adding more items soon: 👇🏽