Most of us struggle with being confident , do you agree ? I think our society has placed importance on so many things that are external (looks, size, how much money you make…) rather than who you are as a person, so it makes it very hard to be content these days. If your focusing on someone’s else’s life & what they have instead of living your own life & making the best of what you have you will always be lacking. Contentment doesn’t mean you don’t strive to better yourself it means that you are content where you are today & are ready for what is to come. I highly believe in doing the work inside yourself first, so the outside reflects. J Cole ( the rapper) has said before ; ” I feel like if you don’t master the inside first, the outside is a waste of time”. Its been a year since I have started this journey of bettering myself & loving who I am; gaining my confidence back, seeing all my good qualities & gifts as a person without having someone validate that & its been so empowering.✨💪🏼
- Don’t wait on someone else to cheer you on, clap for yourself!👏🏽 We always want someone to validate us thinking that will make us feel complete or “better” (yes its nice to have people on your side) but do it for yourself first & always. The rest will come when it comes, but never stop believing in yourself.
- Affirm yourself; Everyday wake up & tell yourself something you like about yourself or something your proud of that you accomplished. If you can write it down maybe make a list and go back to it ( example: I am funny, I am smart, I am brave …etc)
- Stay true to yourself 🖤 Its okay to get ideas or be inspired by others, but don’t forget who you are. Don’t try to fit into a mold that just doesn’t work for you. You are unique & there is only 1 of you so use that to your advantage and don’t let society make you feel some type of way.
- Help someone else; Be there for someone else, use your experiences or life lessons to help someone feel less alone or help them navigate through a difficult time. Sometimes when we focus on helping someone else it makes us connect more, it helps us to feel healthier & happier.
- Practice gratitude 🙏🏽 Be happy in whatever season your in. If it’s an uncomfortable one try to learn something from it & think of it as a stepping stone instead of looking at it negatively. Some seasons or days are harder than others, so I know it can be hard when maybe financially your not doing well, or your lonely or you feel unmotivated, but those are the times when you need to try your hardest to pick yourself up and say I am grateful for (fill in the blank). Start naming things off even if its people in your life ( kids, mom, dad, best friend, etc..) or make a list of things your grateful on paper or on your phone that way you can go back to it & add more things as time goes on. Trust me when you start doing that you will be surprised at that list!
Not sure if anyone else likes to write or journal but I found these journals on Amazon & they have good reviews. When you write things down I feel like its even more beneficial because you can go back to it re-read & it helps the information stick in your mind; https://shopstyle.it/l/bsIEF; https://shopstyle.it/l/bsIEa; https://shopstyle.it/l/bsIEa
Thanks for reading! I hope these five tips can help someone build their confidence up & remember to be proud of who they are & love themselves inside & out. If you have any other tips feel free to share them below. 😀